Here is a list of Macros I have written for various Office tools. Usually we feel that any repetitive task requires a macro. That is a wrong concept. Typically, repetitive tasks indicate that the method you are using is inefficient. Usually there is an efficient way to do the same job – which eliminates the repetition.
Macros should be written to create capabilities which you need but the product does not offer that feature. All the macros described below fall in this category.
Macros and related articles
- When NOT to record a macro in Excel
This is not a macro. But it explains an important concept.
The idea is to use macros to extend the application and add missing functionality.
Often, macros are created for features that already exist. This happens due to lack of awareness.
- Excel – Amount to Words macro
A comprehensive macro to convert numbers to Words.
Available only for Indian Rupees. 16 configurable parameters. Extremely flexible.
- Excel – Macro to Explode Pivot table by Filter Field Items
Very useful to create separate files based upon items in the filter area of pivot tables. The output is a working pivot table with filtered data only. This way you give the ability to use full features of pivot and prevent removal of filter to maintain confidentiality.
- Excel – Paste as Pivot – New way to use Pivot table data
Creates bulk GetPivotData statements based upon selected cells in pivot data (value) area. Very useful for accurately referring to pivot values outside the pivot table for creating custom reports.
- Excel – Scribble a line and generate data (and chart)
A very interesting tool where you draw a freehand line and the data for it is auto-generated in Excel
- PowerPoint – Arrange Pictures instantly – great for arranging logos…
- PowerPoint – Split text into words or characters
- PowerPoint – Split and Animate tables by cell
- PowerPoint – Run multiple presentations easily using this add-in
Do you have some requirement which needs a macro?
Post it as a comment. If it is generically beneficial, I will try to create it for you.