Here is a video showing unique skills for resume building – which will help you stand from the crowd. Everyone uses Word to create a resume. In addition, we are going to use Excel and PowerPoint as well. Differentiation is everything. Watch the 5 min video.
Watch unique resume video
Jump to specific topic
Here are the topics covered in the video. Although this video is about building resumes, you can use these ideas for any other type of document as well.
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 00:46 – Use Word Styles
- This is a no-brainer. Always use Styles. Watch this video for details.
- 01:19 – No tabs. Use Tables
- A common mistake is to use tabs for alignment. It never ends well. Use tables without gridlines. This gives you maximum control.
- 01:33 – Format your photo
- Photo is very important. Make it stand out using shapes and shadow. Use powerful photo editing features like corrections and tone to refine the photo.
- 02:43 – Navigation with hyperlinks
- Hyperlinks within the text helps the recruiter navigate quickly. They will thank you for the added convenience.
- 03:40 – Add images
- 04:15 – Page background
- 04:46 – Use appropriate fonts
- 05:50 – Embed Excel or any other file
- 06:52 – Insert a map
- Create a map in Excel using locations related to your work. This is a visual way of showing your experience in an appealing manner.
- 08:45 – Insert a chart
- 09:19 – Create PowerPoint resume
- Yes. PowerPoint. Create an interactive presentation to put forward your skills with power. Use the Section Zoom feature of PowerPoint to add interactivity. No need to manually add hyperlinks.