Teams is a very powerful tool. But there are many common mistakes I have observed across customers. Here is a list of 50 mistakes – or – worst practices. Make sure you are not committing these Teams mistakes.
This is just a list. I will expand on some of these mistakes as separate articles or videos. If you do not understand a particular topic or have a different opinion, please post it as comments.
Continue reading Common Teams Mistakes / Teams Worst Practices
Stop sending attachments – unless it is mandatory. When you Share OneDrive Links you get many benefits. Assumption – you want to share the link to specific people. If the link is forwarded to other people, it should not work. Two ways of sharing . Outlook and from everywhere else. Reading time 5 min.
Continue reading How to Share OneDrive links
As Teams becomes popular, a new issue crops up. You are suddenly a part of too many Teams. Not to worry. Here is how you handle them effectively. (Reading time 7 min).
Continue reading How to handle too many Teams
Have you tried the Teams Zoom feature? It can make your life easier. This works in the Desktop and Browser editions. Not on mobile app. Try zooming in and out and choose what suits you best.
Teams Zoom keyboard shortcut
Use Ctrl + to Zoom in and Ctrl – to Zoom out.
Why use Teams Zoom
Zooming In makes it easier to read and notice details. Find what level is comfortable for your eyes and the type of work you do. It will help you reduce eyestrain and work more effectively. Sometimes, Zooming out also helps to get the overall picture.
Continue reading Use Teams Zoom
Teams Private Channels allow a subset of a Team to have access to conversations and data. Although this is a very coveted feature, it must be used prudently.
Thoughts and Best Practices: Teams Private Channels
- Don’t use Private Channels just because the feature is available
- Think very hard before creating a private channel
- Hiding things within a team does not lead to better teamwork
- Creating private channel makes managing the team more complex
- Private Channels are not the same as hierarchical security
- Do not overuse Private Channels
- Compare creating separate Teams vs having Private Channels inside the Team from a business point of view and then decide
- Project Management and Vendor Management are two different things – require two different Teams
Here are the details…
Continue reading Teams Private Channels Best Practices