We need complex presentations quite often, e.g. Periodic reviews, new projects, planning, and so on. Such complex presentations usually need inputs from multiple persons. Each one sends a small piece of presentation to some central coordinator – not just once, but repeatedly. The central person struggles with copy pasting stuff, fights with formatting and layout conflicts and has a miserable life in general!
The solution is simple. Store the base presentation on OneDrive, SharePoint or Teams. Share it with all the contributors and let them edit it. Try it out now!
Editing complex presentations together: Benefits
- Multiple persons can work on the presentation simultaneously, without confusing each other.
- Enormous time saving
- There are no copies (CCs) to deal with. The presentation is always a single file.
- Past versions are stored automatically so that you can refer to an earlier edit.
- You can see if others are editing simultaneously. You can go and look at the slide they are working on.
- If required, you can clarify doubts or suggest changes to each other using chat (Skype FB )
- If there is a conflict, the owner can resolve it. Conflict occurs when two users change the same item in two different ways.
It is simple, useful and revolutionary. Practice this with your colleagues couple of times and then you will have the confidence and the motivation to use it in real life.