See this article to know When to use Microsoft Teams first. This article lists scenarios where using Teams is counterproductive or plain simple wrong!
Do not use teams if one or more of the items listed below are true.
- If there are too many people involved, do not use Teams. Technically, the limit is 2500. But you decide practically. Teams is designed for extensive interaction between team members. If there are lot of people, you cannot expect extensive interaction. Think about using Yammer. It is good for predominantly push and interaction-on-demand kind of functionality.
- If the team means the whole department and you already have a departmental Team Site in SharePoint. Use that site. Do not use Teams to create another Team. Why? Because, behind-the-scenes it creates another SharePoint site. Defeats the purpose.
- This one is obvious but still makes sense to mention it: If all team members do not have access to the Teams app, do not use Teams. In this case, you will need to do double communication manually. I will not call it inefficient usage – it is misuse.
- If the communication and coordination with the team is required but not critical, do not use Teams. Non-critical, but functionally necessary stuff can continue using traditional email.
- Do NOT use Teams unless every member is aware about its actual benefits. If you try to force it on ignorant people (Ignorant about Teams, I mean!) , it will not work. Educate them first. The best way is to show a nice and compelling demo.
If only few people in the team use the Teams app and others do not, it defeats the purpose.
- If all members have not understood that they have to check the Teams app as frequently as they check for mails in the Inbox.
The benefit of Teams is that it does not send anything to your inbox. Conversations and communication happens within the Teams app. If some members forget to see the activity in the app, they are effectively not working as a team.
That is all I can think of as of now. If you know more scenarios where Microsoft Teams is contraindicated, post them as comments.
Testing Quiz Feature. Pls Ignore.
[polldaddy type=”iframe” survey=”452F4870D61013CC” height=”auto” domain=”instantefficiency” id=”test-quiz”]
when you are not part of a team pretty obvious but its annoying when it pops up when you don’t need it. it should wait until you want or need to use it.
Yes. It is important to stop all notifications and only enable for @mentions. Then adjust as required.