Here is another short but power packed video which explains how analytics can drive growth. Read the related articles here.
View this short video to see how Word can be used to modernize your work and increase efficiency dramatically. In just five minutes, you will learn how to:
- Reuse existing contents
- Quick Parts
- Building Blocks
- Reduce Formatting efforts with styles
- Benefits of using styles
- Quick navigation
- Reorder content by drag drop
- Heading numbering
- Instant Table of content,
- Convert to PowerPoint in one click
- What is wrong with storing files on My Documents
- Introduction to OneDrive for Business
- Edit documents together in real-time
- Versioning on OneDrive
- Compare version history
- Online sharing and Present Online
To learn more, read these related articles.
For a more in-depth coverage, watch this 30 min Word Best Practices video.
Redundant or unwanted columns can confuse the users of Pivot Table. Here is how you can remove unwanted columns from appearing in the Pivot Table field list.
Things have changed. We have to look at Outlook differently. Otherwise we will continue to misuse it. Spend just five minutes to understand the new role of Outlook:
- Use Clutter to clear out less relevant mails
- Identify important mails
- Avoid excessive mail attachments by using links
- Manage your work better with Task Folder
- Use Skype for Business and Skype FB for faster, more secured teamwork
- Use Yammer to faciliate discussion, ideas and progress
- Recap: Which one to use when
Read related articles here.
Agenda slide is usually the second or third slide. During the course of the PowerPoint presentation, we may have to refer to that slide frequently, especially when the next agenda item is taken up. Most of us copy paste that slide multiple times. This may work, but if the agenda slide changes, we may forget to update other slides.
The same method can be used to refer to any key slide or slides during the presentation. The key thing expectation is that you may show this slide at any point during the presentation. After showing the slide, how do you come back to the slide where you were? Here is how you do it.
View the video in full screen mode. Download this Sample File which illustrates the method shown in the video.
Let us say I want to create sample data for my analytics class for a customer. I dont have access to the actual customer data. But I want the data to look familiar to the participants. I want to use the names of their products in sample data containing 1000 rows. I could use Randbetween() with Vlookup but that gives me almost equal distribution for all products. I want to make the data look realistic. I want to use the market share values of their products to generate the sample data. Here is how you do it. 3.5 minute video.
Thank you all for your patience. This blog is now migrated to a self-hosted WordPress site. You will get new post notifications as usual. I am still customizing things and migrating content. But I will be back to my regular rhythm of one daily post within a few days. I appreciate your support and participation. If you notice any problems, please drop a mail to email@example.com. Cheers!
Here is a quick introduction OneDrive for Business. In this 5-minute video, you will learn:
- What’s wrong with My Documents.
- Why store documents on OneDrive
- How does OneDrive work without Internet Connection
- Benefits of storing files on OneDrive
- Sharing on OneDrive
- Sharing from Office
- Outlook tip: Send links instead of email attachments
- Edit on a browser
- Edit together on same document
- Versioning on OneDrive
- OneDrive file type supports
- How to use Onedrive for the first time
Interested in more details? Read these articles.
We have seen many methods of using Excel and related Power BI tools for analyzing data. Now, all that can be done WITHOUT using Excel – using a stand-alone tool called Power BI Desktop. Here is how you do it.
We misuse the the Follow up flag in Outlook. Most of us think of it as a method of marking mails which actually are Tasks. Read this article to know why it is NOT a good idea.
In today’s world, this flag has a much more important use. Read on to find out how to use it to your advantage.