I recently spoke at the CIO Powerlist 2017 event which was attended by 100+ CIOs from India. Watch my session video – 27 min.
- Office 365 Secure Score
- File storage best practices
- Skype FB best practices
- Better teamwork using Office 365 Groups
- Chat based collaboration using Office 365 Teams
- Team Task management using Planner
- When NOT to send a mail (because there is a better option available)
- Amazing data cleanup using Power Query
- Excel Forecasting – new feature
- Automated animation using Morph in PowerPoint
- Summary Zoom in PowerPoint
Here is a fast paced, 8 minute video which will revolutionize Pivot Report Sharing. Using OneDrive or SharePoint, control the visibility and provide full interactivity. Reports render instantly even with large files and low bandwidth.
Pivot Report Sharing articles
New, Improved way of delivering Excel reports: Part 1
New, Improved way of delivering Excel reports: Part 2
New, Improved way of publishing Excel reports: Part 3
Attachments is the most popular and misused Outlook feature. If you are DELIVERING a file – use attachments. If you are Sharing a file – it is best to share the file. Sending CCs is the most important reason why “Teamwork” is inefficient. Here is a practical guide about how you should use Outlook Attachments with Office 365.
Continue reading Outlook Attachments Usage Guide
Many customers have deployed Office 365. However, the usage of all components is not optimal. That is why I wrote this short and simple Office 365 Storage Guide. Tweak it as per your specific needs but the base concept is same. No documents should be stored on local My Documents. Storing a document on a particular device makes it unavailable to even the person who created it. That is why, it should go on a cloud storage. In addition, files stored on the cloud are easier to share with others.
Continue reading Office 365 Storage Guide
OneDrive has a sync (like all other cloud providers). Sync creates a local copy on your PC, Laptop or Mobile phone for selected files or folders. The local copy can be edited while offline. But what about folders shared with me by others? Here is how you can sync shared OneDrive folders.
Continue reading How to sync shared OneDrive folders
This article is a part of worst practices series for Office 365. Excessive misuse of email attachments for sharing files remains to be the hardest issue to resolve. Read on to find out the problem and the solution approaches available to you.
Continue reading Office 365 Worst Practices – Part 9 – Emotional attachment to Attachments!
Here is a quick introduction OneDrive for Business. In this 5-minute video, you will learn:
- What’s wrong with My Documents.
- Why store documents on OneDrive
- How does OneDrive work without Internet Connection
- Benefits of storing files on OneDrive
- Sharing on OneDrive
- Sharing from Office
- Outlook tip: Send links instead of email attachments
- Edit together on same document
- Versioning on OneDrive
- OneDrive file type supports
- How to use Onedrive for the first time
Interested in more details? Read these articles.