Here is a list of articles, in recommended reading order
for using Word Styles efficiently.
- Top 3 Efficiency Habits: Use Word Styles, Excel Tables and PowerPoint SmartArt
Most efficient features you should know – one each for Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be stylish – Use Word Styles
Details about how and why you should use Word Styles
- How to select things in Word
See how using Styles simplifies selection and rearranging of Word documents
- Writers: How to write a balanced article containing opposing views using Styles
A special case of using Word styles
- Creating FAQ documents using Styles
Use custom styles to simplify creating documents which contain questions and answers
- Best way to hide false spelling mistakes
Innovative use of Word Styles to hide spelling mistakes which are special words – like names or technical jargon, which default dictionary does not understand.
- Did you know: Hyperlink within the same document
How to cross-reference specific areas within the Word document using Styles and Bookmarks.
- How to format books for Kindle: Raj Chaudhuri – Guest Post
Use Styles to create easy formatting for eBook publishing.
- Create a presentation in One Click with Send to PowerPoint
Use styles in Word and automatically create a presentation in PowerPoint.
Here is a list of articles I have written about delivering great and high-impact demos.
- How to deliver high-impact demos – Part 1
Talks about the concepts, creating sample files selection and presentation approaches.
- How to deliver high-impact demos – Part 2
Explains the tools and techniques, using the right language, customizing the content to user needs and converting features to business value.
- How to deliver high-impact demos – Part 3
Covers AV technical aspects, common causes of failures and how to manage them and presenter view.
- Using Zoom effectively
- High Impact Demos : Use Zoom
- PowerPoint 2013: How to use Zoom to show details
- More about Zoom
- What did I learn today: Great feature in Windows Magnifier
- Windows Magnifier (Zoom) and Surface Pro
- The amazing ZoomIt utility
This is a list of articles about Office 365 Groups. Managing teamwork becomes extremely easy and intuitive if you use Groups. These articles explain the details of how to create, use and manage groups. Remember that groups can be used with external parties like consultants, marketing agencies, vendors, suppliers, etc.
This list will be updated as more articles are added.
- Office 365 Groups
- Modern Teamwork using Office 365 Groups – Quick Introduction (5 minute video)
- Office 365 Groups: Automatic Sync between personal and group calendar
- Office 365 Groups: Practical Usage Guidelines
- Office 365 Groups vs. Team Sites
more articles coming soon…
Here is a series of articles about this commonly performed comparison.
It offers an unconventional yet practical perspective.
- Google Docs vs. MS Office: Want vs. Need – the concept with few examples
- We are doing a feature comparison. So we should know the quantification as well.
How many features does Microsoft Office have?
- Google Docs vs. MS Office: “I don’t need all these features”
This post discusses the commonest response to feature explosion in Microsoft Office
more articles coming soon …
Outlook is great. But our outlook towards Outlook is not! That is why we waste lot of our precious time in doing the wrong things in and around Outlook. I have covered many aspects of effective Outlook usage. Here is a comprehensive list, in recommended order of reading. The complete Outlook Knowledge Pack.
Continue reading Outlook Knowledge Pack
Office Mix is a very powerful add-in for Office 2013 and 2016. It allows you to create reusable, annotated content with webcam videos, screen recording, audio narration, quiz questions and so on. Here is a list of articles I have written on Office Mix Knowledge Pack.
Continue reading Knowledge Pack: Office Mix Knowledge Pack