How to highlight, everyone knows. If you want to highlight repeatedly, double click on the highlight button. Now selecting any text automatically applies the highlight. How to search for highlighted areas is already covered. Now let us learn how to Remove all Highlights – in one stroke – requires just 30 seconds to do it. Learn the magic now!
Here is another way to look at using Office. We want to do so many things. But time is always in short supply. There are thousands of methods of saving time – ranging from behavioral changes, getting up early to sophisticated methodologies. But all of them suffer from one problem… the solution itself requires more time! Now consider this. You can Create Time using Office – because you are already spending three to four hours on it on every working day.
The time you spend on Microsoft Office is considered as the part of the game, part of life, mandatory and non-negotiable. Why? Because you have work to do and it requires you to use Office. So you just use it. In the process, you spend half of your work-life using Office. We have never looked at those 4 hours as a source of extra time.
If you know how to use Microsoft Office efficiently, you will save lots of time. It is like CREATING time because it just did not exist for you earlier. It is a reward you get by being more efficient.
One you have extra time, you are smart enough to invest it in whatever you think is important: Work, Family, Sports, Health…
Once you know the approach towards working efficiently, you should invest part of the time CREATED into learning a little more. That way you will continue to create time throughout your life.
Empowering! is it not?
Read the Efficiency Knowledge Pack on more ideas and concepts related to
A list of my articles relevant to HR, L&D and Human Capital Management personnel covering Efficiency Quantification, Capability Building, Maximizing Potential and common bottlenecks/ misconceptions. Of course, all this in the context of the most used yet most underutilized product called Microsoft Office!
- HR: Enhance your CV with a map
- How to hide inevitable spelling mistakes in your Resume?
- How to learn: Specific to Generic
- (in)Efficiency Tests
- How to conduct a WhatsAppinar
- How to create a multiple choice test using Office Mix
- You are suffering from “Inattentional Blindness”
- Don’t just make charts the way boss wants. Use Recommended Charts
- Educators, L&D : Create Professional Learning Content using PowerPoint + Mix
- Creating SCORM compliant content in PowerPoint using Office Mix
- Word Best Practices Video
- How to succeed in office politics using Excel!
- Trainers: How to prevent expectation mismatch
- Why “Tips and Tricks” approach is not useful for learning
- Common concern: Yammer will lead to uncontrollable misuse
- Learning to Learn: Building a Visual Vocabulary – PowerPoint Transitions
- How vs. Why: the right approach to teaching and learning
- How to create templates for common replies in Outlook
- Did you know: Outlook works with LinkedIn and Facebook?
- Use Split while replying to long mails
- Office Politics: How to ensure your mail is noticed and acted upon?
- Arrange meetings with yourself = Time Management
- Never delegate work using email: Use Outlook Tasks
- Basic vs. Advanced – the psychological deterrent to efficient Office usage!
- It is statistically impossible to be efficient in using Microsoft Office! Unless…
- Efficiency is dangerous!
Office Efficiency session (3 hours) video download. Zip file – 182 MB, WMV format. Download and view in full screen mode. Resolution is intentionally reduced to minimize the file size.
The session started with just 6 participants. But it quickly grew to 40+ attendees. I was supposed to do two sessions of 1.5 hours each. But the audience for the first session were so engrossed that they refused to leave and asked me to continue the session. As a presenter what better compliment can you expect! A big thanks to all of those who attended, participated actively and interacted during the session.
Have a look, share it with your colleagues and post your feedback. Enjoy
Most of us have more to do than we can manage. Everyone is “overworked”. While I do not doubt this, there is another way of looking at it. The idea is to differentiate whether you genuinely have more work than you have time or you are not able to finish work because the PROCESS you are using to get your work done is slowing you down. Read on to find out how to detect this and how to solve the problem. (Reading time 7 min)
Microsoft Office Specialists
Microsoft Office Specialists is a certification of Office skills. There is a World Championship for it. The finals for India were conducted on 23rd May in New Delhi. 150 finalists attended. 6 of them won the contest and will represent India in the global championship. I spoke at the event as a guest speaker. Competing students, parents, educators and media attended the session. I spoke to them about the need for continued learning and breadth of knowledge. Have a look.
Download my session video (WMV format, 20 min, 24 MB).
On many occasions, my sessions are labeled as “tips and tricks”. I don’t like the term “tips and tricks” being used for my lectures or workshops. Many people ask me the reason behind it. Therefore I thought I will explain the thought process behind it in this article.