Yesterday, I conducted sessions for 650+ professionals at a leading automotive manufacturing company… Very smart audience, amazing grasping power.
Here is one of the demos I used in the session…
I have multiple pictures. I want to put them into a SmartArt diagram quickly. But if I use Insert – SmartArt – Picture SmartArt, I have to insert each picture one by one.
That is repetitive. Repetition = Inefficiency
Is there a faster, smarter way?
Of course there is. Here are the steps.
- Choose Insert – Pictures
- Select all pictures and add them
- As soon as the pictures are inserted, they are already selected.
- DO NOT unselect them.
- Notice that pictures are of different sizes and randomly arranged.
- While all pictures are selected, click the Picture Tools tab
- Open the Picture Layout dropdown
- Notice that all types of Picture SmartArt appear here
- Choose the one you want
- The size of the diagram will be determined by the size of the picture selection
- Adjust the diagram size as needed
- Open the text editor and add titles if required
- That’s it!