Today is the 2nd anniversary of my blog. I started writing it on 1st Nov 2013. Thank you for your support, encouragement, feedback and sharing. Of course there is lot more to do.
As decided, I have written one blog every day for the last 2 years. I am actually lagging behind by 7 articles, but I will catch up next week.
In this article, I am just going to list my favorite articles. I enjoyed these articles and I feel you will also benefit immensely from reading these. Have a look.
Photo credit: Mark Willard / Foter.com / CC BY-NC-ND
Here are my favorite articles
Not in any particular order.
- The “What did I learn today” series (27 articles)
Writing this blog has made me learn more and learn deeper. Before writing an article, you have to be sure about the content. That has helped me a lot and I enjoyed the process.
- I enjoyed writing the articles about gradients. Learnt a lot while writing.
High Impact Presentations: Using Gradients (and Part 2)
- This article was a great way of finding an unconventional use for a mundane thing like the ubiquitous mouse: Mouse as a learning tool (Using Mouse Efficiently – Part 4)
- It is difficult attract attention of readers. I try many approaches.
One of them is to talk about topics which are close to people’s heart – for right or wrong reasons. That is why the Office Politics Series was born.
- Knowledge Pack: High Impact Demos and Presentations using ZOOM
This is my specialization. Most of the workshops and sessions I conduct are very effective because I use ZOOM in a very impactful manner. It shows the finesse and the detailed thought which has gone into building these products. It helps people notice and appreciate features. It brings them closer to their own benefits.
- (in)Efficiency Tests
I created these tests to prove to people that “What they don’t know is REALLY and IMMEDIATELY useful to them. These are not multiple choice tests. There is no score. No pass / fail. It is about inculcating a mindset which says that just because I know how to do something does not mean I know the best way of doing it.
- Present online to 50 persons using PowerPoint, for free!
This is a great feature of PowerPoint (and Word) which everyone needs to know.
- Efficiency is dangerous!
This article is based upon the work I have been doing with thousands of customers. When I save enormous amount of time for a user, they are momentarily happy. But soon they start worrying about whether they will be given more work because they saved so much time. Read this to understand the true meaning of Efficiency.
- The Applied Knowledge articles are very useful. These talk about a feature and how to apply it in a business context. This year I plan to write more of these articles.
- Power BI for developers video.
This was a recording of a session I conducted for a customer. But when I posted it on the blog and YouTube, developers world over loved it. This is my second most popular video till date. If you are a developer and are interested in analytics, it is a must-watch.
That’s it for now. Will be back with more articles tomorrow. Enjoy.